Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Garlic Bag


My small box that I use to store garlic has been spilling its contents on the counter for months. So, I am using my new knitting passion to remedy this situation- much to my partners delight!

I couldn't find a pattern anywhere so I made my own- well, adapted it from another pattern- here it is!

DIRECTIONS

With size 1 needle, cast on 42 sts. Join and continue around as follows.

Row 1 - knit all sts
Row 2 - purl all sts

Row 3(eyelet row) - [k4, k2tog, YO] repeat to end of row
Row 4 - knit all sts
Row 5 - purl all sts

(Change to size 5 needle for netting portion)
I also changed colour here
Row 6- knit one row

Row a: [k2tog, YO] repeat to end of row
Row b: knit all sts
Repeat above two rows until netting section measures 4ish inches

(Change to size 1 needle for bottom of bag)

Row 1: knit
Row 2: k, ssk, k until 3 remaining st, k2tog, k1
Repeat rows 1 and 2 until 12 stitches remain.
Close bag

2 comments:

  1. I Love this bag, you could also use it as an onion bag, just my opinion though. Great Job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am hooked on your garlic bags!!!!! Just went out to buy more yarn. These will make perfect hostess gifts and even to friends who do not host. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete