Saturday, October 3, 2009

uncontrollable, incorrigible, unstoppable



Last week child #1 had her first French class in the beautiful Hydrostone market. I was very excited because the class is a few doors down from an awesome yarn store. I thought we may just peek in on our way home- 2 kids in a yarn store is not really good, quality time for me. Upon taking kid 1 into her class I found out that they really don't like the parents to stay so that the kids can focus better. Now that kid is 4 and way independent both her and I are fine with this arrangement...so are the owners of the LYS a few doors down. On a related note, my bank account is not.So, the first week I did have a project in mind as I went in. My mom really liked the jaywalkers I was knitting and wanted a pair in her favorite colour palate- browns, greens and burgundy's. I ended up purchasing 2 skeins of Sirder Crofter which is totally my mom's style but wouldn't be too great in a jaywalker type pattern. I also grabbed a skein of the woodland that became my scarf.
Now this week I went to drop kid 1 off thinking that kid 2 and I would go to the park down the street or maybe to the cafe for a treat...but no. Where did I end up? I really didn't realize until I was opening the door...I didn't realize I was going to buy something until I was holding it in my hand. I didn't even know what I was going to do with it. But it was beautiful and soft and yummy and now it's MINE. And man doesn't know about it. And I am choosing to ignore these warning signs. And next week I will promise to go to the park. I have enough stash to keep me going until next year at least.
Wanna know what I got?
One skein of Estelle Arequipa for these

and 2 skeins of Malbrigo Silky Merino for who-knows-what-but-it-is-yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment